Thursday, June 24, 2010

I Heart Goo Gone

I've always enjoyed the citrus scented smell of Goo Gone by Magic American Products in Cleveland, Ohio. I first bought it to remove a no-parking sticker that a neighbor plastered on my windshield when I parked in the visitor area to unload my car. I tried everything. I couldn't get that damn sticker off. Nothing worked until I learned about Goo Gone. The citrus oil loosens the adhesive material, so that you can scrape it off without damaging your windshield. Interestingly, I learned about the Goo Gone from the very neighbor who plastered my car, and we ended up being friends.

Later, when I started cooking more, I started saving glass bottles and jars
to use for storage instead of plastic. I found Goo Gone extremely useful in removing the sticky residue from old labels. Then I found it great for removing heal marks on wood floors.

One day after some paint touch-ups, I used it to safely and painlessly remove paint from my hands and from the places I had dripped it on the floor.

Finally, the other day, we had a little kitchen disaster, when a steamed bun turned into a burnt crisp, and the lingering smell of smoke haunted the house. We had already tried to clean it with Lysol and Windex and a 4-in-one product, but a tar-like film clung to the stainless steel surface. We disassembled the oven, and cleaned every part of it with Goo Gone. It seemed to dissolve the film with only a few strokes. Now my steam/microwave/convection oven is back to normal and the kitchen smells clean again. I Heart Goo Gone.

1 comment:

  1. Another suggestion: The other day, I removed my stationary shower doors and the frame that held them in place. Underneath, was a gooey mess of gray and rust colored stuff that used to hold the frame in place. It was so hard to scrape off. So I tried my Goo Gone. I poured it on and wiped the gunk right off. So much easier.

    ReplyDelete

We are not in this alone. Please share your thoughts and comments on how you are surviving un/under-employment.