Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Clean Shower Fresh Start

I tackled the caulking in my shower on my own and it was very easy. I cleaned the area, carved out the old caulking, wiped it clean again, then cut the tip off a new tube of mildew resistant white caulking. I squeezed the tube like toothpaste along the edge of the tile, then used my finger to smooth the caulk into a straight line. I let it dry 24 hours and Voila!, now I have a clean white shower corner. I wish finding a job could be so easy.

The nice thing about a clean shower is that it is a fresh start to a new day. No nagging thoughts or feelings of guilt for not taking care of the green slime that had been growing there. Those thoughts were banished from my mind and additionally I was feeling pretty proud of myself, for tackling something I was not sure how to do. Whereas my father could figure these things out on his own, I went to the great oracle of Google to find the right steps before I started. The oracle gave me many web sites with step by step instructions for just about everything. Ehow.com, dummies.com and about.com are all very useful with step by step instructions including photos and videos. Then there are the home decorating websites like HGTV.com and DIY.com. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have Eric Stromer or Carter Oosterhouse tell me how to caulk my shower than some handyman I have to pay.

My point is, the information is out there and more accessible than ever before. The internet puts all the knowledge of man right at our fingertips. There is no excuse for lack of knowledge in the information age. Lack of interest, lack of ability, maybe, money isn't really an issue anymore, as there are computers in libraries, schools and even in our cell phones. Do your research. Figure out the steps. Break it down into manageable pieces, then check those honey do items off your list. The feeling of self satisfaction will help carry you through until the next day and another fresh new start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are not in this alone. Please share your thoughts and comments on how you are surviving un/under-employment.